SupPage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antebellum: The Five Nations RP

+3
Skelly
Archanine
ErrorBlender
7 posters
Go down
Xate
View user profile

Antebellum: The Five Nations RP - Page 3 Empty Re: Antebellum: The Five Nations RP

Wed May 27, 2020 10:35 am
Jack did a quick assessment of Peladryia. User of potions and herbs, based on her relationship with the Toloki healers, with unknown magical powers. Aloof and independent, strong-willed and reticent. Despite her standoff-ish attitude, she possesses either empathy or a sense of responsibility, based on her pursuit of Xerkin. And most importantly, she disliked Jack.

Jack did get in her way, in a way, by getting her out of danger, and not following her cues for taking down the soldiers perfectly. As intended, of course, for the knight to hang back to see the basis of the backline healer’s confidence against the frontline warriors. But she wouldn’t know that. This would mean he would need to revise his plans to not require any of her favors nor preferential treatments.

But for now, he focused on the reality of strewn corpses and then smell of oil on the crossroad that split the group apart. Jack gazed at Peladryia to detect her intentions before turning to one of the mechanical corpses, black liquid oozing out their crevices. An intact brightlance, a ranged weapon that would give the melee Jack more tools to deal with Vetran troops. But first...

Sleek steel weapon, no obvious problems. Nor any obvious buttons, which is a problem. A mechanical arm and wires connect the brightlance to a decrepit set of armor, hinting at the dependency of the weapon on its user’s integrity for activation and energy. In other words, useless and a waste of time.

It seemed Luke may prove to be the only worthwhile combatant from now on, now that Tryssa bailed and Peladryia has her supplies dwindled with each encounter. But would Luke be even a match for what Vetran what had in store? Jack recalled the tremor that ran through the town, reminiscent of the one earthquake that happened during his decade long stay in Vetran.

“Ten years is a long time in the world of technology.” Jack whispered to himself. He approached Peladryia and pointed at the alley where Xerkin charged at the Vetran Walker.

“That alley is where Xerkin went. Shall we proceed?”
Skelly
View user profile

Antebellum: The Five Nations RP - Page 3 Empty Re: Antebellum: The Five Nations RP

Thu May 28, 2020 4:19 pm
Peladryia walked at a brisk pace on a verge of running, until she got back to the crossroads. The healer paid Jack no mind, not once turning her head to see whether he actually followed or not. That was until she noticed not one, but two similar figures in the distance. One was unmistakable, the other she was actually kind of surprised to see. She slowed down to a halt and raised her hand for them to notice her as well. "Good, he's alive. Lets..." Pel turned around to hurry Jack up, only to see him quite far away off the side. "...go..."

Knight Jack was leaning over one of the piles that used to be a Vetran soldier, doing gods know what, while the still alive Vetran Preacher, a literal killing machine still caked in Silidar blood tried to rise to their feet right next to him. It was unclear for her whether Jack didn't notice them, or decided that they weren't a threat anymore despite their weaponry clearly in tact. It was mind-boggling act of stupidity and short sight either way, no matter how one would look at it.

Peladryia stood there frozen in time and awe, observing who will notice who first. Perhaps in fact there was nothing to worry about and her companion knew what he was doing. But that was when the Preacher raised his head. His inhuman eyes focused on Jack in front of him, as the knight himself still seemed to be painfully oblivious of his surroundings. Acting out of instinct, Pel unleashed a singular charm from underneath her cloak, aimed at the preacher. Unlike others perhaps, she doesn't like taking stupid chances.

Tryssa and Xerkin could see Pel wave to them from the distance, before getting distracted by something to the side. Her body jerked in a sudden and hostile manner as she launched an attack, before she moved deeper into the crossroads and out of their line of sight.

Last edited by Skelly on Thu May 28, 2020 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ErrorBlender
Admin
View user profilehttps://suppage.forumotion.asia

Thu May 28, 2020 5:30 pm
Knight Jack & Peladryia Arvona, Immarrow City Main Road

The preacher raised his head, seemingly excited and exuberant that a means to his retribution had arrived. A sinner of the flesh had made himself appear in front of him like the Sun had blessed him this day as an act of mercy. The two brightlances on his back protested at any movement, their joints were cracking and screaming but they managed to lock on to Knight Jack. "Sinner beware the Sun's --!" At that moment a charm found its way through the face of his helmet and right into his brain. There was a noise, maybe what you could call a squeal or it was just the sound of the charm sliding through the metal then the grey matter but what was sure was that the preacher stopped his movement and crashed his head onto the ground, lifeless.
1C2
View user profile

Sat May 30, 2020 2:23 pm
Arthur was hoping Luke would be able to see the priest alone with his guard down, giving them a chance to ambush him and try to gain some information.

But the the ground quaked

Arthur had a feeling they had disturbed whatever was hidden within the tunnel, and that they should regroup and leave while they had the chance. Abandoning the idea of capturing the priest, Arthur signaled Luke to come down
Xate
View user profile

Sun May 31, 2020 3:40 am
Jack snapped back at the preacher, alongside the charm’s trajectory into his head, instantly killing him. He knew he messed up. He was planning on testing the weapon on him, but with the weapon being useless, he disregarded him entirely. After all, he himself had only killed one person, or thing, in his life, and he would hate to add one more so nonchalantly. And that decision could’ve killed him. And he had further damaged relationship between him and Peladryia.

He hated this. Screwing up and losing his social status in the eyes of others. Status and reputation are a precious commodity, not just in the royal court of Shento but also in the streets of Vetran. He had pledged to conceal his conniving self to build up and weaponize his pseudonym to achieve whatever he wants, but now, his pacifism, or cowardice, had dealt a blow to his current situation. This meant he had to purge this weakness, one way or another. But first, damage control.

“I thank you for covering my back,” Jack exclaimed with relief, “I have sworn an oath to do no unnecessary harm, but it seemed it backfired on me. I shall endeavor to do better and do the same to you.” The knight hung his head in shame before showing a shy smile.

“I hope I can find a long ranged weapon, like a usable brightlance, so I can protect us against the inevitable march of soldiers. After all, I worry you may ” He mentioned this offhandedly, in hopes of clueing her in to one of his priorities.

He scanned the crossroads one last time ensure there were no other stragglers before leading Peladryia into the the alley. There, he saw two figures, one of which was instantly recognizable. The other, he could deduce from their proximity and general height. Who knew the self-serving Hollowed would come back for her fellow kin?
Veir
View user profile

Sun May 31, 2020 4:46 pm
"Tryssa... I can barely move... No matter how much I tell my body to do something, it doesn't listen. Maybe.. Maybe I'm not meant fo-" He was cut off mid-sentence as he saw his fellow allies.

"Ah, they're okay. I was worried about them. Pel asked me to get walker thing, it was full of blood. That was scary." Xerkin's face was simply looking down, his gaze drifting away.

"We should regroup..." He muttered. "Thank you for saving me."
Archanine
View user profile

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:19 am
Her agitation was wildly sobering. She shouted without concern of the conflict around her, "Hey you shits, if you're just standing around come make yourselves useful and help." Her clawed finger pointed behind her toward Xerkin, who was still struggling with the debris. Bunch of self serving trash, the lot of you. Tryssa made her way back to Xerkin as best she could with a limp in her step. She bit back her anger, but cursed the Vetran. All of them. Topple the figure heads and free the sheep. Easier done when you don't harbor resentment for those foolish enough to flock to the words of these madmen. As Tryssa pulled hard against the rubble, she found herself thinking whether the world would truly be better off without the entirety of these metal worshiping fools. "C'mon, big guy, I'm getting you out of here."
Skelly
View user profile

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:14 pm
Peladryia sighed heavily as her still extended arm limply dropped and disappeared beneath her poncho. She was getting tired.

"An oath to do no unnecessary harm, you say?" Pel mused, as she approached Knight Jack and the preacher. Nothing in her expression or voice made her seem mad or upset in any way however. The girl stopped by Jack's side, staring at the fallen Vetran in silence for a good moment.

Ironic, isn't it?

"War is nothing more but unnecessary harm." She finally spoke again and her empty gaze shifted to Jack. "You should keep your oath for people that don't burn entire cities."

"Hey you shits..."

Pel raised her head in response, as in belief it would make her hear better. Recognizing the voice, the healer sighed once more. "Go help them, would you? I'll be there in a second." She would lag behind for a moment, but she'd be on her way to Tryssa and Xerkin as well.
Xate
View user profile

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:01 pm
Differentiating between those who need protection and those who need slaying is easy. But his memories of his Vetran days hindered his ruthless actions. Well, the path excuse worked, so Jack rolled with it. After all, he is Knight Jack. And a knight helps those in need, like the Hollowed duos.

He nodded to Pel’s suggestion and jogged to the ruined building that buried his allies, but not before ensuring the coast around them were clear.

“I am making sure there’s no enemies and I don’t accidentally further bury you all in this rubble. I’ll get you both out of here.” He kept a subdued and self assured tone, free of any bravado or self-righteousness that may set off Tryssa. Part of him wanted to sass at the escaped rogue who only returned to help her kin, but that would be unnecessary fire to a pit of void-like tar.

And so, one piece at a time, strategically picked to not upset the delicate balance. With his whip and physical strength built from his life experience, he could easily, if slowly, dismantle the rubble.
ErrorBlender
Admin

Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:00 am
Arthur Cadwell, Luke Kowalski, Knight Jack, Tryssa Volg & Xerkin Shayatin, Immarrow City Alley B

Jack and Tryssa went to work, removing what rubble they could and careful enough to not topple the larger ones onto Xerkin. After a few minutes, the unlikely duo had managed to remove what they could, enabling Xerkin to do move around freely enough. The large hollowed looked to be injured, cuts were scattered all over his body, evidently when he charged straight through the vetran walker. Bruises and welts from the crash into the rubble as well, in other words, Xerkin was worse for wear and he was tired. Tryssa could see the slight heaving in his breaths but knew given several hours, Xerkin should be fine.

The moonlit evening began to quiet, and the barrage of vetran weaponry had somewhat halted for the time being. A moment of silence, of peace. There was something about it that was soothing despite the chaos around all of them, the bodies strewn on the streets, and the ruins of what was a lively city. The crackling of the fires around them was all that was heard besides the labored breathing of Xerkin. Not even the sounds of animals echoed in the night.

It was peaceful.

Looking around, Knight Jack was reminded of what Peladryia had just said earlier. The alley where they were was littered with oil, blood, metal and flesh, bodies of silidar and vetran alike. There were children in among those, small silidar children! Atrocious actions, unforgivable and now inconceviable actions brought to light.

Peaceful surroundings.. but not of peaceful mind.

Arthur and Luke climbed down the elevated rubble they were on and found themselves in the aftermath of what was a fight. Half bodies, limbs and heads laid about like trash, the smell of blood lingered, mixing with the dreadful oil the Vetrans had used as their internal replacement for blood. It was breathtakingly awful and the stench finally hit them once the danger of the High Priest had passed. It was damningly painful to see the death...

...to see peace after the battle.

Peladryia Arvona, Immarrow City Main Road

The healer stood above the preacher's carcass, staring down on it. There was an odd sense of silence and peace. The burning embers of the city was all that remained of background noise. The large force of the Vetran had passed this part of the city it seemed and paid it no heed. There was an odd sense of relief for this peace but was there a time to even relax for it?

The bodies of the silidar warriors were just beyond those of the vetran she had thrown the steel rot to, they were nothing more than crumbling metal now. Their organs, two to be precise, exposed and covered in a fluid black oil that seeped into the ground, staining it. Even in death, they seemed to taint those around them.

Skelly
View user profile

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 am
Peladryia's thoughts drifted away as she listened to the crackling of burning wood. No more than an hour ago, this ruin was a city bustling with life. No more than two hours ago, so must've been Makantor. Now they're gone, just like that. What will remain by the morning?

Such terrifying efficiency...
As befits the Vetran. Would you expect anything less?

The girl looked around, as if in search of an answer. There were corpses everywhere, Silidar and Vetran alike. One thing she has already noticed before. The deceased Vetran despite deeming flesh obsolete, still had two most important organs of every thinking creature within them. "How blind one must be..." She muttered, before her gaze shifted back at the preacher beneath her feet. "All of this is a lie."

The healer shook her head slightly, and knelled next to the dead preacher. Not without difficulty, she turned the body on its back and looked into it's inhuman eyes, now bereft of the soulless blue light. "How far gone is your kind, I wonder."

Not before long Peladryia emerged from behind the corner, reuniting herself with the party. It seemed that Arthur and Luke made it in one piece as well...which couldn't be quite said about Xerkin. Seeing him like this stung Pel with some guilt, but it was quickly subdued. If the walker was to push through the smoke, the situation would've been much worse. As she was approaching the giant, the girl exchanged some looks with the party, trying to assess the damage. "We're all alive, that's...good." It seemed that she only had Xerkin and concussed Tryssa to really worry about for now. "I'm sorry I put you through this, Xerkin." Pel spoke when she was close enough to the large hollowed. "But you did well. Very well in fact. Now, don't move. I'll see what I can do about your wounds."

"Meanwhile you..." The healer addressed Luke without turnings towards him, as she was preparing rags and bandages. "...Have some explaining to do." She wanted to know both what reasoning stood behind such reckless assault, as well as what Vetrans are planning to do next, now that the city's been leveled to the ground.
Haru01
View user profile

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:07 am
They had somehow made it.

One deep breath in, one deep breath out.That was the first action Luke decided to take upon escaping danger. He had seen fellow engineers crack their knuckles, and roll their heads around to relieve tension. Considering his two metal arms, however, that would be pointless.

Pel suddenly spoke up, with a few words directed at him. Luke was usually terrible at determining intent through voice alone, but even he could determine that a stern lecture was likely incoming.

He had pondered over the response to his actions. It had been in the back of his mind, ever since he realized that they would not die. Luke knew that the party would be angry and frustrated, but what would that entail? A few punches to the gut and head? An outburst of rage? Perhaps he would be forced to leave. The cowardly side of him had hoped for it. He could go back to the comfort of his surroundings, and get back into the rhythm of things. Luke tried to push those thoughts out of his head, his eyes momentarily flicking to the ground. They weren't of any use, and they would hinder his performance.

One deep breath in, one deep breath out.

He looked up at the sky. "It was a stupid decision. This "Church" has been terrorizing my company for as long as I remember, doing everything they could to sabotage my workers and my machines. They are smart enough to not get caught most of the time, and even when they were, they could always sweet-talk their way out of the situation. Alternatively, they could always use threats, strong-arming officers and spectators into silence. Their influence is too large for any of their members to be held to anything, and it's always expanding. Eventually, it'll envelop the whole of Vetran territory. I was dumb enough to let the possible satisfaction of putting a bullet in the preacher's head overwhelm my reason."

"So yes, my action was fueled by anger, and a huge desire for revenge. I thought that if I could kill a low-influence member and get away with it, the 'Church' wouldn't care, and I would get a bit of satisfaction. I apologize for forcing you to go along with it. I'll warn you though: this is probably not going to be the last time I almost kill you all due to my stupidity, so if you keep traveling with me, I suggest that you get ready for that, especially if there's any 'Church' members around. Alternatively, I might die somewhere along the way, and then you won't have to put up with anything at all."

Luke was surprised at how long he could talk. That was the most he had babbled in a long time. He decided to try and make his further statements more concise.

"The 'Church' is likely to keep pouring in their infantry into this town. Reports of resistance are almost always met with an order for more soldiers to throw themselves into the fire for the 'Church', unless one of the more competent commanders take charge. They'll keep sending in troops until the town is fully secured, and all resistance is destroyed. That includes whatever is in the tunnel."
1C2
View user profile

Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:52 pm
Arthur did his best to ignore the aftermath of the battle. He kept his mind clear and focused, using the terrible sight to remind him of what the future holds for his family if they fail. When they finally regrouped, Pel asked the question Arthur himself had been wondering the answer to; why did Luke lash out?

"Luke, while I don't appreciate you putting us in danger like this for your personal revenge, I at least appreciate your honesty. And the sooner you realize the value you have to this party, the better. Have more confidence in your abilities. Have more trust in us. We're all in this together, we all want to see this madness end."

"Now, regarding the tunnels. Luke and I managed to get a bit of information after listening in on a conversation a soldier had with 'high priest Draikos'. They have taken over Makantor, and found no tunnels there. After they wrap things up here they intend to march to the Slitherscales."
Archanine
View user profile

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:27 am
"Knock it off, at least Luke did something while the rest of you stood around waiting for Pel to finish her task," Tryssa's tail thumped on the ground in protest. "It sounds like we need to leave sooner than later, which is quite unfortunate as my feet will likely never recover from such treachery."

Tryssa turned her head back towards the entrance to the town, then around to the destruction around them. Her head still rang, but the entire experience of nearly being blown away and having buildings dropped on her was quite sobering. Her leg still burned, but she was doing a decent enough job at ignoring it. "Would they be going to Slitherscales because the Chieftan is there, or because they seek only to cause more destruction? We could stand to take advantage of the chaos."
Skelly
View user profile

Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:08 am
Peladryia kept quiet, busing herself with stitching Xerkin back together. The healer knew she didn't have much time, hence she focused only on the most grievous of wounds, so that the Hollowed wouldn't collapse along the way, until she could take care of the injuries properly. As for Luke, she listened to his monologue, but decided against commenting on it, at least openly, keeping her thoughts to herself. Of course emotions were at fault there, because what else? At least Arthur gave a response instead of her...a much nicer response than she would've probably given.

Once done with basic dressings, Pel gently slid down Xerkin's back. She also applied some painkillers, but wasn't sure if they'd be enough. "Tell me if you feel anything weird happening, okay?" She then turned to Tryssa. "Vetrans are methodical. An hour ago, they've razed Makantor south of here. Now, they're about done here. They'll probably find the chieftain by the morning, with such pace, wherever he would be." Pel explained, bored as ever. "They want to get rid of Silidar, to claim these lands and resources for themselves, they don't care about the destruction in the process. Now, before we move on...boot down, pant leg up." Guess she must've noticed the wound.
Archanine
View user profile

Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:39 am
Tryssa wanted to object, to refuse to let such a mongrel attend to a wound as minor as this, but the fact that an entire city around them was burning left her quite exhausted. She unbuckled the straps on her boot and slid her foot out with relative ease. Slowly, she rolled the pant leg up above her thin boot sock to expose surprisingly soft and very well maintained skin. The boot sock was damage from where the shot had grazed her, but easily slid down exposing the skin with a tinge of red from the burn. Tryssa was visibly upset at the imperfection on her skin, and was hopeful that it wouldn't leave any permanent marks. "No funny stuff," she quipped as she carefully extended her leg, wincing in discomfort as the stretching of the skin irritated the burn. Her tail was surprisingly good at keeping her balanced.
Skelly
View user profile

Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:59 am
Peladryia watched Tryssa strike a pose, then looked her dead in the eyes, then back at the awkward pose. The healer closed her eyes, in a blink that was much prolonged than necessary "...sit down first..." She sighed out and opened her eyes, pointing at a nearby piece of rubble. As Tryssa would go and do as asked...or not...Pel would quickly rummage through her cloak for a small flat jar - Leftovers of the poultice from the Silidar 'hospital'.

The girl scooped some of the medicine with her fingers, and began to gently spread it on the burn. It stung at first, but a pleasant feel of cold and mild numbness soon followed, alleviating the pain. "I've seen people get worse from spilling boiling water..." The girl murmured, as she rolled out a bandage. Throughout the procedure, Pel was surprisingly gentle. If Tryssa was to look away, she would almost feel nothing, but a tug at the end, as Pel secured the dressing in place. And a secure dressing it was, hugging Tryssa's leg tightly enough to not slide as she moved, but not cause discomfort at the same time. "It will be gone in a few hours."

With that, Peladryia collected her things and got up without another word, instead addressing the whole party. "We should wait a while, and then follow the Vetrans through the tunnels, at safe distance. Worst case we'll just be there to confirm the death of the chieftain by their hand."

What else was there to do? Hopefully some scout got out alive, and is already carrying the message that would prevent another carnage. It wasn't her fault. It was Fades fault, for acting too late.
1C2
View user profile

Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:00 pm
Arthur ignored Tryssa's hypocritical remark. Wasn't her first instinct to disappear? Well, at least she came back.

"I agree with Peladryia's plan. It's either that or proceed to the next possible town to have a tunnel, where I'm sure they will have much tighter security now."
ErrorBlender
Admin

Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:20 pm
Everyone, Immarrow City Alley B
As everyone settled and Peladryia tended to their wounds, the ground shuddered and cracked. The very ground underneath the party groaned and a few meters from them, the ground gave way to an earthen rift that came with a low rumbling roar. The rack itself wasn't massive but foretold a more creeping notion, that the epicenter of the cause was close and by the sound of the cracks it was alive. Buildings around the party began to give way as more of the rifts scattered like roots from the first and crawled its way towards the party. Xerkin managed to grab Peladryia and Tryssa before they had fallen into a growing ravine whilst Arthur and Luke simply jumped towards an awaiting Jack, who caught them one by one to his side.

Sounds of brightlance's being fired echoed through the city from the tunnel area and a roar of a beast became more apparent than before.

Immarrow City, Tunnel Entrance

Chaos ensued at the mouth of the massive tunnel. What used to be a quie endeavor now became the site of a monstrous beast fending off the armored Vetran. The large wurm creature's mouth opened like a four petal flower with rows of sharp serrated teeth glistening in oil and blood, blasting the vetran with a roar so intimidating that some of their men attempted to flee, only for the wurm to coil towards them and consume them whole. Despite the advanced weaponry of the Vetran, they seemed to be little match for the beast's spike pleated armor.

Antebellum: The Five Nations RP - Page 3 Ec7acb200a53ea7671c7f47cf8b42d2b
Art by Slawomir Maniak

"What in the Sun's Blessing is that?" High Priest Draikos exclaimed as he fired his own barrage from his brightlances.

One of his men attempted an answer before his own body was swept to one side by the maruading wurm's head. The beast was never seen in its full form, burrowing one place and bursting from another. From the tunnel burst forth several Silidar, from the looks of it, the miners. They were large and bulky with one slimmer and bore the engravings of a Makantor Beast Tamer. They tore through what vetran soldier they could find. The High Priest finds himself in a tight situation and steps back as his own men fight off the silidar counter strike. The providence walkers attempt to stop the wurm, holdings the beast's maw with its mechanical arms and firing its bright cannon at it, only for the beast to drag it down into its burrow never to be seen again.

"We require assistance!" The High Priest demanded, screaming into his communicator.

Archanine
View user profile

Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:53 pm
So much for just following the Vetrans into the tunnels. The situation seemed grim for them as the Silidar finally cared to fight back with a decent show of force. Not too bad.

Tryssa was still fuming from the fact that she had been subject to such misery, and from the looks of it everyone else was busy gawking at the chaos to act. Again. Her feet moved swiftly and without much hesitation, thanks to Peladryia, towards the ensuing chaos. With a flick of the wrist, several knives materialized in Tryssa's hand.

"We require assistance!"

The only assistance Tryssa would offer is that of a quick death as she volleyed four knives through the air toward the High Priest. With his demise, it would be easier to negotiate safe passage with the Silidar .
1C2
View user profile

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:43 pm
Arthur quickly readied his sword and prepared himself for battle. He took a moment to take in the ensuing chaos. The massive worm creature eating through the Vetran soldiers, the high priest commanding them, and Tryssa now hurling knives in his direction.

Well, so much for laying low and letting them kill eachother off.. Ah well, I wanted to see him dead anyway.

Arthur swiftly snuck around the back of the Vetrans hoping to flank the priest. He doubted the knives would work but hopefully they would serve as a distraction.
Haru01
View user profile

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:10 am
Luke knew that something was going to come out of the tunnel eventually, and while the sight of the monster caused him to pause, the destruction it caused was expected.

He stifled a small grin at hearing the High Priest yell for assistance. It seemed that his predictions were correct. The #1 way to solve any problem for the Church, was almost always to throw more men into the fire.

Eventually, however, he knew that the Vetran weaponry would become incredibly troublesome to deal with. The church would bring out progressively "bigger guns". The group had to end this quickly, and get out of the area before things got too ugly.

Luke saw Tryssa moving directly in, swift and decisive as ever. Arthur moved towards the flank of the priest at the same time.

Clear the path.

Steadying his rifle, Luke began to fire at the Vetrans surrounding the High Priest, taking care not to hit Tryssa or Arthur in the dome.
ErrorBlender
Admin

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:57 am
Everyone - Immarrow City, Tunnel Entrance

As the wurm decimated the Vetran walkers, the party acted fast and used the distraction as a means to close the distance without the fear of retaliation. The knives slipped through the air and embedded themselves onto the High Priest's armor. It did little to faze the armored preacher.

"Sinners!" he exclaimed, flabbergasted at the thought of being flanked by those who willfully don flesh. He turned around and aimed for Tryssa blinded with indignity. He hadn't noticed that Arthur and Luke had flanked him, taking out whatever vetran soldier was close. Several of the soldiers fell at the hands of the two men while the Hight Priest's attention was finally brought back to reality. His two brightlances split their focus, one for each male who had taken out his escort. "Traitorous meat sack," he spat when he found Luke to his left. "Your people lived and died in the muscles they call superior. Much like how you two will."

The preacher's eyes attempted to focus on the three, while in the background the sound of metal crunching and death run amok in wurm form. The providence walkers slowly manage to get some footing against the beast but only for so long, before the wurm's massive jaw crushes the walker's arms. In the distance, Luke recognizes the sound of additional artillery fire as streaks of white light burn through the sky.
Haru01
View user profile

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:10 am
Luke opened his mouth to reply. He had been waiting for this moment, a moment in which he could finally be as smug as the church.

However, hearing the sound of artillery caused him to reconsider. Luke forced the seething words of scorn back into his throat, grinding them back into dust. It would, unfortunately, have to be another day.

He quickly muttered to both Arthur and Tryssa, keeping his gaze fixed upon the preacher. "Find some cover. Artillery will be inbound in less than a minute."

After doing so, he suddenly swung out his gun, firing 4 shots: two directed towards the brightlances, two towards the legs of the High Priest.

"Take cover!" Luke unexpectedly cried towards the other party members, while sprinting towards any pile of rubble he could find.

The clock was ticking down.

Last edited by Haru01 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Said Luke's name twice instead of Tryssa, mb)
1C2
View user profile

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:06 pm
Arthur trusted Luke, and immediately took heed of his advice and turned his attention away from the priest. He darted to a nearby pile of rubble, likely created by the worm thrashing around. The priest would have to wait.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum